Q. What does a Toastmaster do on the day?
A. On the Day you can expect Glenn to:
- Arrive at the venue early for a thorough check of all the arrangements on your behalf
- Liaise with organisers, caterers, photographer, videographer, entertainers and all others involved
- Greet and direct the host(s) and guests on arrival
- Assist with organising photographs with the photographer
- Arrange the Receiving Line and introduce guests
- Announce notices and call to dine
- Announce, encourage and lead in the Top Table guests
- Announce the Bride and Bridegroom and escort them to the top table
- Announce or say grace before meals if required
- Supervise circulation of guest book
- Prepare and announce speakers, toasts and other ceremonies as required
- Keep a watchful eye and deal discreetly with any matters that may require attention.
- Personally support hosts, bride or bridegroom, guests in any way required.
- Announce and encourage photos of cake cutting
- Meet / greet evening reception guests
- Announce & encourage first dance
- Act as Master of Ceremonies, auctioneer or compère as required and conclude the formalities.
- Conduct the toasts, introduce the speakers and handle bouquets and presents as required
- Organise the circulation of the guest book
- Arrange the retiring of the Bride and Bridegroom from the table and advise guests of subsequent arrangements
- Liaise with the musician or DJ as to the setting up of the equipment
- Announce the Bride and Bridegroom for the first dance
Return to question list